Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A New Addition to the Family

Aaron & I are so excited to finally be able to share the news: We are having a baby!

Our expected due date is September 30, 2008. So I am 12 weeks along and things have been going very well. We have had 2 ultrasounds and just visited the doctor today and heard a strong heartbeat of about 170 BPM! My progesterone levels have been outstanding & I have been having many of the common symptoms: very tired, nauseas most of the time, etc. But I am so happy to have them! I have never been so happy to feel sick in my life. :)

I started out the first few weeks receiving progesterone shots from Aaron. I have to give him HUGE kudos for this one. He did an excellent job with these difficult shots that take about 1.5 minutes to inject. He was so gentle and it didn't hurt one bit. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago I developed an allergy to the sesame oil that the progesterone is in and got very itchy on my arms and torso. I have switched to oral progesterone and am FINALLY (after 3 weeks) loosing the itchy skin.

Thank you so much to everyone who has prayed that this will happen for us. I cannot even begin to express how grateful we are to God for allowing us to achieve what seems to look like a successful pregnancy. Please keep praying that all continues to go well!

I will continue to post updates and photos throughout the pregnancy. If you would like to hear more detail about how/when we found out, I will be posting that later this week or this weekend.

Here are our ultrasound pictures to date (the first is 6 weeks 2 days, the other 2 are 10 weeks 3 days):



No comments: