Sunday, January 11, 2009

Changes

We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's and hope all of you did as well. We were able to spend a lot of time with Aaron's family and really enjoyed seeing them all and having Alaina spend some time with her aunts, uncles and cousins. We even were able to get a nice family picture taken...all 13 of us...and counting (another cousin due in about a month)!

We did miss my family though. Steve is in a show in Chicago and only had a couple of days off, so wasn't able to make it in. Mary and Justin were, of course, very busy with their new little one. And Mom and Dad spent 3 weeks visiting Mary, Justin and Evie in Hawaii. We did miss them, but did not feel bad for them! I think we had some of the coldest days in years while they were gone.

These past few weeks have been full of changes...and this next week will continue with those changes. Aaron had his last day of work 12/26. It is quite different for him not to head to the Credit Union after nearly 6 years of employment there. We enjoyed a week off together with Alaina before I headed back to work this past week. While it was a little stressful anticipating my first days back, things went very smoothly. I have been able to leave around 2 or 3 so I can be home to feed Alaina after she wakes up from her afternoon nap and then finish my day of work from my home office. It went VERY well and hope it continues to be that way. Aaron enjoyed his week with Alaina and thinks he will really enjoy this new job!

This week starts another big change. Aaron begins school with classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My Mom will be coming over to spend the days with Alaina. I think she is looking forward to it and I hope this next week goes just as smoothly as last week. With 4 people trying to get into a new routine, it may be a bit challenging, but I think we are up for it!

Here are some pictures from Christmas. You will see Alaina wearing a WONDERFUL gift from Grandma Nancy & Grandpa Mark (Helping Aaron's plan for early hockey training :)). Also, we were very fortunate to have Santa visit this Christmas morning.... Aaron missed the whole thing ;)

Happy New Year!

Renee







No comments: