Sorry I have not updated everyone recently. My uncle, John Devine, (my Mom's brother-in-law) passed away suddenly from a heart arrhythmia last week and we went to Watertown, SD for the funeral. We are all so sad to see John go. He will be missed by many.
Fortunately, the baby did not come during our trip up to SD. I did ask the doctor before we went and she said it was ok as I am not yet dilated or effaced. I will get an update on the progress tomorrow.
SHOWERS!!!!
I have not yet had a chance to write about the overwhelming generosity of so many! We have been so blessed to have had several showers...each of which were so special to me.
The first was given by Aaron's sister, Lauren, with help from his Mom and sister Sarah. His Aunt, Kim, was the co-host. Sarah surprised us and came out for the shower from Denver. Many of Aaron's family and a few close friends attended. They had me crying right off the bat! I really had to work to regain my composure. I think that is when it really hit me that we were actually going to have this little one that we had waited for for so long.
The second was given by my sister, Mary with help from my Mom. My parents' long-time neighbor and friend, Alma co-hosted. This also was very special. I couldn't believe that my sister came all the way from Hawaii! Many of my aunts and cousins attended, as well as close friends of the family. We had such a wonderful time.
Then, my co-workers had shower luncheon during the work day. They all pitched in a got us a glider and ottoman for the baby's room! We couldn't believe it...AND it matches perfectly.
A few weeks ago, my dear friends, Libby, Amy and Christine threw yet another shower. Several of our close friends attended. We played some fun games and had quite a few good laughs!
Aaron and I are both simply overwhelmed with all the nice gifts, but especially with the joy everyone has shared with us. I really don't have the words to do justice to how I feel about all the people in our lives. I thank God for each of you and can't wait to introduce our little one to all of our wonderful family and friends!!!
Here are a few shots from the showers. As I was looking through the pictures, I realized there were many people I don't have a picture of!


No comments:
Post a Comment